At SportMalta, we are determined to get as many people as possible participating in sport. This means building a state of the art network of clubs, coaches, facilities and volunteers in every community through building partnerships fit for a new era in sport. These are big challenges and that is why we are looking for people to play a vital role in delivering our sport strategy. As well as being a fantastic work place, our job opportunities are a great way of advancing in your career.
Staff Development and training has always been within the SportMalta policy and commitments. SportMalta on regular basis organizes staff seminars with a variety of topics to enhance staff development on the day to day operations. Regular staff development courses are also organised, including first aid, fire fighting, life guard saving skills, coaching courses, computer courses, management course and teaching skills development.
Take a look at the job information below to find out about vacancies and how to apply.
We occasionally also have volunteering opportunities available too – these will also be listed below:
Position of Accounts Officer with SportMalta
Permit Number 499/2018
SportMalta (“SM”), the regulatory authority under the responsibility of the Secretary Parliamentary for Youths, Sports and Voluntary Organisations within the Ministry for Education and Employment, is seeking to employ an Accounts Officer.
The main responsibilities shall be, but not limited to:
- Recording of financial information on a daily basis;
- Reconcile on a monthly basis all bank and cash movements including petty cash to supporting documents and ensuring authorisations, financial transparency and control compliance;
- Maintain accounting databases of key information;
- Provide accounting and financial assistance in closing off the year-end such as the calculation of accruals and prepayments;
- Assist the Director of Finance with the preparation of the statutory accounts including the audit – such as end of year reconciliations and confirmation of financial information;
- Ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner according to SportMalta terms of payment;
- Chase debtors for overdue payments.
The ideal candidate must be:
- proficient in both Maltese and English languages;
- able to work in a team;
- having minimum five (5) passes in the Fundamental Level in ACCA qualification OR in possession of an A Level in Accounts (Grade A – C) together and a minimum one (1) year relevant experience in accountancy department.
Applications together with a detailed CV together with copy of Qualification Certificates and details of experience are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15th of March 2019. A written proof of the experience as detailed in the CV shall be requested upon the start of the employment with SportMalta.